Current Scientific Research Interests:
- Physics and Chemistry of the upper troposphere and lower stratosphere (UTLS)
- Physical and chemical behavior of the tropopause
- Ozone and water vapor transport in the UTLS region
- UTLS processes related to the Asian Summer Monsoon (ASM)
- Convective transport and its role in UTLS coulping
- Airborne field campaigns on UTLS process studies
- Observation and modeling of the UTLS region using satellite, aircraft and chemistry-climate and chemistry-transport models
Recent and On Going Projects:
- Atmospheric Composition and Asian Summer Monsoon (ACAM)
-Joint Sponsored SPARC (link) and IGAC (link) Activity
- Recent and Upcoming Workshops and Conferences:
- Workshop on dynamics, transport and chemistry of the UTLS Asian monsoon NCAR Boulder, March 7-10, 2016
– ACAM: 2nd International workshop on Atmospheric Composition and the Asian Summer Monsoon (2nd ACAM workshop home), Bangkok, June 8-10, 2015.
– ACAM: The First International workshop on Atmospheric Composition and the Asian Summer Monsoon (1st ACAM workshop home), Kathmandu, June 9-11, 2013.
- NCAR UTLS Project (UTLS project home)
- Airborne Field Campaigns
- CONTRAST: CONvective TRansport of Active Species in the Tropics (CONTRAST Project Home) Guam, Jan-Feb 2014.
- ATTREX (ATTREX NASA/ESPO) Dryden, CA 2013, Guam 2014.
- SEAC4RS: Studies of Emissions and Atmospheric Composition, Clouds and Climate Coupling by Regional Surveys (SEAC4RS NASA/ESPO) Houston, TX, August-September, 2013.
- DC3: Deep Convective Clouds and Chemistry Experiment (DC3)
- START08 experiment (START08 home) (Spring 2008) and CCMI data project (CCMI 2013).
Past Scientific Activities:
- Quantum optics and multiphoton processes
- Satellite remote sensing retrieval theory
Education and Professional Positions Held: Bio Sketch